August

North Park Maintenance Assessment District

 

Community Advisory Committee Minutes – August 8, 2016. Meeting called to order at 5:00 pm

  1. Roll Call:

Present:   Rob Steppke – North Park Redevelopment Project Area Committee (PAC) Jody Surowiec – North Park Historical Society (NPHS) Jake Romero – North Park Main Street (NPMS) Peter Hill – North Park Planning Committee (NPPC) Steve Aldana – El Cajon Blvd Business Improvement Association (ECBBIA) Glenn Torio – City Staff Angela Landsberg – North Park Main Street Rene Vidales – North Park Planning Committee Jean Samuels – Burlingame Neighborhood Association (BNA)

Absent:   Karen Gross – San Diego Apartment Association Kitty Callen – Altadena Neighborhood Association (ANA) Sean Karafin – North Park Community Association (NPCA) Vicky Heithaus – Resident Homeowners Rep Adrian Granda – City Council Rep

  1. Approval of the July minutes – Peter/Rob, approved (4/0/1 – Jean)
  2. Chair Report: Jillian has moved out of the area and won’t be attending the MAD meetings. Jake Romero will represent NPHS.   Vicky Heithaus has spoken to Rob about taking a leave from the board.  The ramifications of this could be that we would not have a Home Owner Rep. Rob will follow up with Vicky.
  3. Non-agenda public comment: Catherine McCullough spoke regarding seeking guidance in establishing a lighting district within the NP MAD district. Since the item was not on the agenda, board discussion was not permitted in accordance with Brown Act guidelines.
  4. Councilmember’s Report – Adrian Granda was not present to report.
  5. Policy 100-24 – No discussion.
  6. Update on “twinkle light” project – The ceremony was on 8/5/16 to initiate the lighting. One issue is that the lights need to be turned off and on each day, as they are not automatic. Staff is looking into photo cell technology that will automatically adapt to the changing light conditions to turn on/off the lights as appropriate. Glenn indicated that this is a bid in the amount of approximately $800 for purchase and installation. Peter moved (To purchase and) install the necessary hardware controlling twinkle lights on subject trees not to exceed $800. Jody seconded and motion passed 6-0-0 (Angie voting for Jillian). Glenn will follow up with an official quote.
  7. University Ave/30th St. Sidewalk “color matching” project – The red coloring project is not moving successfully. Grinding is not a realistic option. Rob has met with Staff and it was decided that applying a sealant to the freshly poured areas will harmonize the color. City Staff and a contractor will work together to finish the project.   Angie asked that they not work on the sidewalks in October, as there are too many events going on in that month.
  8. City Staff Update – The landscape contract, which expires 10/31/16 will not be renewed. City’s Purchasing and Contracting Department will work together to create a new 5 year contract, that will go out to bid. In the interim, a temporary vendor may need to be retained. Revised tree watering maps will be presented in September. The painting of the Boulevard sign will go forward when the purchase order for $21,039.88 is issued.
  9. Service/power washing schedule updates – City Staff is meeting with meet with two different vendors. It was suggested that the power washing should start at 2:00 a.m. to get done earlier. The present hours are midnight to 5:00.   No decision was made.
  10. Funding for the dbl-acorn lights replacement on El Cajon near the 805 – Some lights are still not energized. Staff is waiting for an agreement with the contractor.
  11. NPMAD to join NPPC – The project is an ongoing effort to have the MAD become a subcommittee of the NPPC. They currently have 2 subcommittees. Peter stated that the MAD would get more visibility if we were a part of NPPC.
  12. Draft by-laws for joining NPPC – The subcommittee met and suggested some additional changes but there was an opinion expressed that the bylaws should only be presented to the board for an “up or down” vote. Following a discussion, Steve moved they (Bylaws) should go back to the by-law subcommittee for further updating. Rob seconded, all agreed (6/0).
  13. Revised sidewalk replacement policy – No new discussion.
  14. Next month’s agenda items – Power washing presentation and update; Land Care Logic replacement bid; by-laws; color matching. West Coast Arborist will probably be moved to September/October subject to availability of Mike Palat.
  15. Rob moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:05. Peter seconded and all were in favor of adjournment.

Next meeting – September 12, 2016

Advertisements