North Park Maintenance Assessment District
Community Advisory Committee Minutes – December 12, 2016.
Meeting called to order at 5:05 pm
1. Roll Call:
Present: Rob Steppke – North Park Redevelopment Project Area Committee (PAC)
Jody Surowiec – North Park Historical Society (NPHS)
Peter Hill – North Park Planning Committee (NPPC)
Steve Aldana – El Cajon Blvd Business Improvement Association (ECBBIA)
Jean Samuels – Burlingame Neighborhood Association (BNA)
Jake Romero – North Park Main Street (NPMS)
Eva Miller – Altadena Neighborhood Association (ANA)
Glen Torio – City Staff
Rosa Lopez – City Staff
John Crago – City Staff
City Council Rep – No one has been appointed at this time.
2. November minutes – Peter moved to approve, Jean seconded; Approved 5-0-0.
3. Chair Report: Glen Torio has been reassigned to concentrate on the El Cajon BID effective January, 2017. John Crago, who will assume his North Park duties, was introduced to the board.
The board needs a Secretary.
4. Non-agenda public comment: None
5. Councilmember’s Report – None
6. Eva Miller will replace Kitty Callen as Altadena representative. Kitty supports Eva as her replacement.
7. MAD budget for 2018 – The budget was reviewed and discussed with Rosa Lopez. Additional board requests and discussion resulted in a new line item being added (512091I) for solar twinkle lights on El Cajon medians for $3,000; Landscape services was increased from $20,000 to $21,000 to include smart controller irrigation costs; extra labor for maint of El Cajon Blvd way finding sign was absorbed into 512134A, and a few minor footnotes items were reworded for clarity. Jake moved to approve, Jean seconded, FY2018 budget as amended was approved 7-0-0.
8. St Luke’s Church request for trees on their property – Blue Skies will be forwarding a quote. Staff will check for underground utilities and viability of concrete cutting. An updated tree inventory is pending and will evaluate community tree needs and locations.
9. Twinkle lights – NPMS reports that there has been no recent vandalism but cut wires on the trees seem to be “tripping” the breakers. While the electrician has determined the breakers are functioning properly, Glen informed the board that the breakers were not replaced as part of the recent one time electrical box repairs on University, thus they are old. All four breakers will be inspected and may be replaced to assure reliability.
10. Red Sidewalk color matching – Ramona Paving has the contract. City Staff is working on getting the quote lowered. No work will be done until after the Holiday season so as not to interfere with shoppers.
11. Tile replacement on the sidewalks – Staff is working on setting a start date.
12. Streetscape maintenance – No discussion.
13. Service schedule updates – No discussion.
14. Acorn streetlights on El Cajon – No discussion.
15. Proposal for MAD joining the NPPC – No discussion.
16. Revised sidewalk replacement policy – No discussion
17. Next agenda items – Tile replacement, breaker replacement, working with the new City Staff representative, John Crago who will replace Glen
The meeting was adjourned (Jodi/Peter), 6-0-0 at 6:06pm Next meeting – January 9, 2017