North Park Maintenance Assessment District
Community Advisory Committee Minutes – January 9, 2017.
Meeting called to order at 5:05 pm
1. Roll Call:
Present: Rob Steppke – North Park Redevelopment Project Area Committee (PAC)
Jody Surowiec – North Park Historical Society (NPHS)
Peter Hill – North Park Planning Committee (NPPC)
Jean Samuels – Burlingame Neighborhood Association (BNA)
Eva Miller – Altadena Neighborhood Association (ANA)
Glen Torio – City Staff
John Crago – City Staff
City Council Rep .
Steve Aldana – El Cajon Blvd Business Improvement Association (ECBBIA)
Jake Romero – North Park Main Street (NPMS)
2. December minutes – Approved 5-0-0 (Jody/Peter).
3. Chair Report: Rob thanked Glen for his service to NP MAD and particularly his great work in getting the Boulevard sign repainted. There was a major water main break that affected many residences for several blocks originating on the ballfield at Oregon and Polk.
4. Non-agenda public comment: None
5. Councilmember’s Report – None.
Peter stated that he heard that Chloe Madison will be the Council District 3 representative to cover North Park.
6. 2018 MAD budget – a few changes were made from last month’s discussion. Specifically, item 511011 was deleted and item 514104 was adjusted. The final budget the board passed was distributed but didn’t include the minor changes. The board consented to the minor changes.
7. St Luke’s Church request for trees on their property – The contractor (Blue Skies) has “marked out” for 3 trees. The city needs more clarification regarding the utilities around the site. Rob stated that he felt “tree planting” in general needs more coordination. John is reviewing the infrastructure on the site.
8. Twinkle lights – John did a walk-about and stated he will monitor and troubleshoot the tripped breakers. The southeast section of lights has tripped the breaker for three weeks in a row. They seem to trip for no reason. NPMS told him there has been no problems, but he felt that the problems aren’t being reported.
9. Red Sidewalk color matching – Ramona Paving has the contract, but the city is attempting to negotiate a lower price.
10. Tile replacement on the sidewalks – The contractor (Wirtz) needs several dry days to properly do the work hence they have not come out due to the weather. The board decided it would be best to delay the work until after the rainy season to assure a quality product.
11. Streetscape maintenance – San Diego Power Clean was unable to power wash this week due to some police activity.
12. Service/maintenance schedules – The trash can that was removed from Herman and University still has not been relocated.
13. Acorn streetlights on El Cajon – No discussion.
14. Proposal for MAD joining the NPPC – Peter reported that the bylaws that were sent to the city for approval came back “redlined”. The bylaws group will meet and review the comments.
15. Revised sidewalk replacement policy – No discussion
16. Next agenda items – Tile replacement; nominations for MAD elections in April.
Meeting adjourned at 6:24. Next meeting – February 13, 2017